Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, May 04, 2008

May 1, 2008 - Day 7: Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville........

My theme song! Yes, we did waste away our day in Margaritaville and had a great time doing so!

Gary and I were up by 9 am and ate by 10 am and got Brynna up in time to head out to Grand Turk at 11 am. We weren’t going far, we just planned to stay around the cruise center. Carnival invested a lot of $$ in developing this cruise center which has a very nice pier, several shops and a Margaritaville. Many people went into town, or did some excursions but lots of us went poolside. As far as Margaritavilles go, it’s one of the best I’ve ever seen. So much space so they have a huge pool with loungers and a swim up bar. We got there among some of the earliest so found a good spot with an umbrella and embraced the sun (with lots of sunscreen). The pool temp was great, spent quite some time in there and even swam up to the bar with my mastercard in hand to order myself a yard of peach marg and a Corona for Gary. There were lots of games/contests poolside which were fun to watch and we also had a Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch. All in all, a fun place to hang out for the day. Brynna and I took a quick tour around the shops but didn’t see anything worthy of purchasing.

Once we got back to the ship we showered and headed up deck to listen to the music and do some reading. Formal night again so we got ourselves gussied up and then had some photos taken, hoping we might find a good one this time. Dinner was very seafood oriented but we found a few good dishes. I had a lobster bisque, caesar salad and Chateaubriand with Bernaise Sauce. Had the warm chocolate melting cake yet again. I’m sure going to miss it when we leave the ship. Tonight’s song was Hey Baby and they showed the passengers how to do the dance. I like that little extra touch that Carnival does, it was fun.

After dinner Gary went down to the cabin, he got a little too much sun today and was a little lightheaded. Brynna and I went to see showtime, this time another production show with the dancers/singers. It was quite well done and we enjoyed it. Then we headed up to Club Rio for karaoke. Brynna finally decided to test her voice out as she’s had a cold all week. Gary met up with us there. She sang Total Eclipse of the Heart and did quite well although just a bit croaky in a few spots. A girl from a nearby table told her she had a great voice and asked if she would do a duet with her as she was scared to try it alone. She’s actually one of the hypnotist’s subjects from the other night, her name is Shelly and she’s almost 20. Figures Brynna would meet up with someone her own age, just when the cruise is ending. Anyway they did Build Me up Buttercup and it was quite cute. Although I thought I was taping it on my camera, I obviously had no idea what I was doing so didn’t get it after all :(

Gary went down to the cabin and Brynna and I went to the Adult Comedy Show at midnight. It was quite funny although I think he (Will Malforia) was funnier last night. From there we went up to the Lido Deck to see the Gala Buffet. It was okay, we’ve seen better. We tried a few items and a bit of dessert but didn’t eat too much. Back in the cabin now thinking how the heck I’m going to repack everything tomorrow. Oh well, it’s 1:53 am and I’m off to snooze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home