Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 9, 2008 - Day 15: Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios

Wow, these days are all starting to blur together! I was up by 9:30 am today (gosh I never sleep this much at home) and fiddled around on the computer for a bit, had a shower, then woke up the family. We were out of the room by 11 am today and headed off to Epcot. Brynna hadn’t really done anything there yet so we went to the Land and had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. They have some of the best counter service food here. We all had turkey and muenster cheese sandwiches and Gary and I shared a key lime pie and fruit tart for dessert. Today Epcot was filled with elementary school kids on field trips, there were several different uniforms to be seen, lots and lots of kids. We were lucky to get a table.

After eating we went on Soaring and then over to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Haven’t seen that since 1999 so it was almost new again. Then over to Mousegear to look around at more stuff to buy and then we rode Test Track. By this time we had had enough so exited the park and went back to Pop.

Didn’t have too long to “rest” this time but I managed to get on computer for a bit and also packed up one of the suitcases. We only have 3 more nights at Pop and I wanted to get a head start.

We then drove over to DHS for our dinner ressies at 5:30 pm. We were able to take a nice slow walk through the park as we were a little early. We dined at Mama Melrose’s, a first for Gary and I. Very nice Italian themed cozy restaurant. This was actually a Fantasmic package, we had tickets to bypass the lines and get good seating for the show. Because it was a package we also got an appetizer each with our meal. I had Tomatoes & Mozzarella and had some of Brynna’s Artisan Breads & Spreads. Gary had calamari, all to himself! Then Gary and I had the Charred Butcher Steak, topped with Gorgonzola Butter with Red Pepper Polenta & Asparagus (yummo) and Brynna had Chicken Parmesan. Gary had Ricotta Cheesecake, I had Tiramisu and Brynna had a Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake. Very good meal and very nicely presented.

We left the restaurant and Brynna finally managed to contact Jimmy & Ryan so they decided to go play mini-golf together. Gary doesn’t like Fantasmic much so we ditched the show and went to ride Tower of Terror. By that time hoardes of 8th grade kids were entering the park, it was their grad jam and they had the park to themselves from 9 – 1 am. They just kept coming in by droves, so we decided to get the heck out of there. We were back in our room by 8:30 pm. I decided to colour my hair (really needed it) so did that, Brynna came back around then so she and Gary went off to swim. Watched some tv and read and then lights out around midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home