Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Just thought I'd do a quick blog on our day's escapades.

We were up by 6 am, dressed and ready to go and got out of here before 7. Caught the bus and we were in Animal Kingdom by 7:30. Quickly walked to Kilimanjaro Safari and boarded our vehicle for the trek. Saw hippos, crocs, okapi, ostriches, flamingos, elephants, wildebeests, 3 cheetahs and lions. After we had some breakfast at Tusker House and then while the Jefferys and Nana went off to Rafiki's Planet Watch, Gary and I headed halfway through the park to see Donny Osmond! He was doing an autograph signing for various Mulan media and his latest album. Just found out he was going to be here a few days ago on my Disney boards and it was darn handy that we planned to be in the park today. Stood waiting for close to an hour but it was very nice to get his autograph, a photo taken with him and a little conversation about his time as Joseph in Vancouver 13 years ago.

We met up with the rest and did Kali River Rapids where I proceeded to get absolutely soaking wet, as usual. This was our last thing to do in AK so we caught a bus back to the resort. Quick change and then we went to Typhoon Lagoon. Did the wave pool, tubed around the lazy river and did the family raft ride. That twas enough for myself and Gary so we just sat around while the kids did their thing.

We decided to try another resort for dinner so the group of us, less Lee (wanted some alone time) and Brynna (had dinner plans with Joey) caught 2 busses to get to Pop Century (the original resort we had booked) where we had dinner in their food court. It was very good parm chick with alfredo pasta and then tye-dyed cheesecake for dessert. Then we caught 2 busses back here to our resort. It's getting late now but we've decided to head out at 9:30 tomorrow to do the part of Epcot we haven't been to yet. Off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home