Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 9 - 20 years of wedded bliss! and Epcot

Hey, it's our 20th wedding anniversary! I think we spent it fairly nicely too.

We actually had a bit of a sleep-in, my wakeup call was set for 9:15. I got ready and the others slowly woke up. Then we headed to Boatwrights, here at our resort for breakfast. Brynna and I had been looking forward to banana-stuffed french toast for quite a while and this was our chance to get it. It was soooooo good. When we were done, we went back to the room and packed up most of Brynna's stuff as she's spending tonight at her apartment. She works very late tonite and has a “graduation” ceremony/picnic tomorrow when she'll received her grad ears. No, parents are not allowed, it's only for the participants.

Once we dropped her off, we came back to our resort and had a lovely swim in the very warm water. It was again a very hot and rainless day. I think it peaked around 95 again and I have a red face and chest to prove it. We then had to change quickly and sped off to Epcot as we had a reservation for the Coral Reef. Firstly though, we went to Guest Relations and picked up our “Congratulations” buttons in honour of our anniversary. We were treated so nicely by everybody in the park because of them too. We went to the Living Seas and checked out all the fishies, then we went to the restaurant. There they seated us tankside, as previously requested and gave us personalized menus wishing us a happy anniversary. That was really nice. So we ordered awesome martinis and a wonderful meal which included shrimp for Gary and a reuben sandwich for me. All that and cheesecake too! Not long after we had been seated we were approached by a diver with a Happy Anniversary Gary banner that I had requested a few weeks ago. It was so neat, the diver kept throwing rockes up from the aquarium floor to simulate confetti.

After rolling out of there, we walked through Innoventions, sent a few email postcards and then proceeded to walk around World Showcase. Big mistake, it was way too hot, and it was well after 5:30 by then. The sun never goes away! We walked around as quickly as we could, popping in and out of various shops to get some air conditioning. Listened to a Beatles tribute band for a bit, they were very good and we did see “O Canada” the circlevision movie at the Canada pavillion. It's outdated but great scenery and of course I applauded when they showed Vancouver/Vancouver Island.

We decided it was then time to get the heck out of the oven and went to leave the park. Before we did though, we did “Leave a Legacy” where they take a photo of you which then gets engraved on a plaque with many other people's “legacy” and they are then displayed on these large stone monuments. So next time we're back at Epcot, we'll be able to find our anniversary photo.

Got back to the room around 8ish and just decided to veg again. The heat just takes it all out of you so we needed to recharge. Now I'm off to grab a bite to eat as it's been a few hours since our lunch at Epcot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home