Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, August 07, 2006

August 6 - Epcot

Oh my achy feet. Seems like we were walking so much today but I forgot the pedometer so I can't calculate how many kms I actually walked, I'm sure it was in the thousands.

Gary and I woke up early again and went to Epcot this morning, to take advantage of early magic hours, meaning 8 instead of 9. Got our fastpasses for Soarin' then did the ride itself. This is a way cool ride and great way to see lots of California, we could even smell oranges in the orange groves! It's a flight simulator and we were all in “hang gliders”. Then we did Spaceship Earth, a nice relaxing trip through time and we of course enjoyed the air conditioning as well. Then off to Test Track to pick up fastpasses for later when Brynna was with us. Unfortunately she was having an off morning with an upset tummy so Gary and I let her sleep on. We had a mid-morning snack and then we meandered around the grounds of Epcot for a while, took a few pictures and enjoyed a small breeze while sitting on a bench.
We left Epcot and returned to the resort where I dropped off Gary and picked up Brynna. We were off to the outlet malls. I purchased a better walking sandal that hopefully won't give me any more blisters. I also got some capris and a t-shirt and Brynna grabbed a few tank tops and some discount books. We weren't very enthusiastic shoppers. Wait til I get to World of Disney though!

Once we were back to Port Orleans, we freshened up, picked up Gary and went back to Epcot. We proceeded to use our fastpasses from this morning to do Soarin' with Brynna this time. Then we decided to go over to Norway and ride their Maelstrom log ride to kill some time before our dinner reservation.

We had dinner at San Angel Inn at the Mexico pavillion. It's a really cool, dark restaurant overlooking a small stream and there's a small volcano at the back of the room. Gary and I had great margs and we all had really good food for dinner, some sort of platter with an amazing steak on it as well. We were so full after we could barely move. But we did. Moved our wobbly bodies over to Test Track where we managed to use the fastpasses from this morning as well. Fun ride, except for the bedhead hair you get after tearing around the track outside.
Brynna wanted to get back early to go to bed (I know, really odd) as she has an early shift in the morning. We brought her back and then caught a boat to Downtown Disney. Gary had spied some dvds he wanted at Virgin last night so we walked over to the get them. It was still so hot this evening, it was hard to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other. It did get cooler though but not much. We grabbed a bus back to the resort where it's now time to catch some zzzzzs as we're all getting up with Brynna, dropping her off at MGM and then enjoying that park til she's off. At least that's the plan.

Til tomorrow..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home