Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 8 - MK

Magic Kingdom or bust! It somehow doesn't feel you're actually at WDW until you've visited the Magic Kingdom and we waited 5 days to do it! We took off very early, hoping to take advantage of the early magic hour. We arrived at the gates just as they were opening, amid a flourish of ceremony and Mickey too. We did Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan and Small World all before 9. The rope drop wasn't until 9 for Adventureland & Frontierland. We waited and sweated, it was freaking warm out this morning, until they dropped the rope. We picked up fastpasses for Splash Mountain then got in line right away and it didn't take too long to get ourselves a little bit wet. We went directly on to Big Thunder Mt. Railway and it was still a walk-on at that point. From there we did Pirates of the Caribbean which was way cool with the new Cpt. Jack Sparrow additions. Once we got outside we noticed they were doing the new Pirates training with some children. The fellow who played Cpt. Jack was awesome, looked and sounded just like the real thing. He was quite funny as well.

After that we had a small snack while watching Cinderellabration from the side of the castle, then went to Haunted Mansion. Called Brynna and arranged to meet at El Pirata for lunch. Then Gary and I used our fastpasses for Splash again and we were put in the front row. We got sooooooo wet, it was great! My hair was as wet as when I washed it this morning so I looked like a drowned rat for the next hour or so.

Met up with Brynna, had nummy taco salads for lunch and then did a wee bit of shopping on our way out of the park. We dropped Gary off at the resort and headed for Downtown Disney, World of Disney to be more specific. We had a few items on our list to deal with and managed to do that in fairly good time. Once back to the resort we picked up Gary and went over to the French Quarter side of the resort and had dinner at their food court. In keeping with the New Orleans theme, Gary and I had jambalaya followed by beignets, very nummy.

Had to drop Brynna off at MGM at 6:00, then we decided to go to Downtown Disney and check out Disney Quest. Did a few rides in there and then went to the theatre to see My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It was quite cute and funny. After we headed out to WalMart and picked up a few more groceries and more importantly, moleskin for my blisters!

It's now 12:26 am and we're going to pick up Brynna in another couple of minutes. Tomorrow will be a relaxing day, I hope.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home