Marjaritaville

I've found myself a home to journal my many travels. Writing longhand is extremely hard late at night when I just want to sleep! I decided I would rather use a keyboard to log my daily escapades while touring WDW or cruising the open waters. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

January 1, 2008: Day 4, Viva la Mexico!

Ah, got to love the sunshine, wish I could live in it year round. We woke up around 8 and were still heading to Cabo San Lucas, still about 2 hours out. We were along the coast though. Went to breakfast in the Windjammer around 9 and watched as we got closer and closer. After eating we headed outside to watch us anchor.

I was surprised how big Cabo appears from the ocean, it`s definitely growing too. We weren`t able to get off the ship until 11:30 when our tender ticket was called but it didn`t take long to get to the pier, maybe 5 minutes. We walked along the marina checking out all the big and expensive yachts. We were also accosted quite regularly by those wanting to sell us practically everything, mostly silver jewellery though. I`m saving my shopping for elsewhere though, I hear Cabo is the most expensive of the ports. Stopped at ``No Worrys`` bar and grill for a beer and margarita and some nachos and just enjoyed the weather and view of the yachts. Didn`t do any shopping in this port at all but that`s okay.

Once we got back to the ship we tried, in vain, to connect to the internet with our laptop. Something about interference from Cabo’s wireless networks was a possible reason given for the lack of connection. We’ll try again tomorrow.

We spent time just lounging around the Centrum until it was time to change for dinner. There were several people missing from the dining tables, even 2 from our own. Guess they had too much sun today! Dinner was good, it was Italian night. I had the Caprese Salad (fresh mozza, tomatoes & pesto), Antipasti and then Chicken Marsala which was excellent. For dessert I had Tiramisu, of course. It was also very good.

As we left the dining room Gary informed me he wasn’t feeling very well, geez does he get sick every time we go away? Anyway, he just wanted to sleep so we were in our cabin by 7:30 and unfortunately missed the previous cruiser’s cocktail party among a few other things. He went to sleep right away and I watched Licence to Wed on tv and then read and went to bed early. It wasn’t that bad, cause we had to set our clocks forward an hour so we were losing time anyway. Let’s hope tomorrow is better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home